Friday, January 27, 2012

My Rag Rug

When I as younger, one of my aunts made beautiful rag rugs. I have always wanted one; as I got older, I wanted to make one.
 So, I used fabric-I-own to make it, so I can't take much credit for the colors.
I cut about 2 inches into the fabric and about one inch wide so I could tear my strips. Wow. What a mess! 
I like the look of the torn edges but it takes so long!
My mom asked: "Are you using my rotary cutter to cut your strips?"
Me: "No. Brilliant!"
The strips came along much quicker when I used the rotary cutter.  The main difference, besides time, is that when I tore the strips, the mess occurred at that time.  When I cut the strips, I made a mess everywhere I crocheted. Sorry Dad.
 It was easy to make.  I made a chain the length I wanted (to fit in front of my couch) using the biggest crochet hook I could find and single crocheted till it was as wide as I wanted.
Once I had finally tied off, I noticed that I had gotten a little wider as I went along.
Oh well.  I love it anyway.

The kids liked it. It worked well to put Baby Dale on when I propped him up in his boppy.
Perfect.
Another craft well done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment