Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rooster Potholder

I saw a rooster pot holder in the kitchen for my mother-in-law's church; I knew when I saw it that I had the fabric at home and had to make it.
I did some searching on line where I found this link: 
Why go through all of the trouble to draw my own pattern when someone else has done the hard part?
 I over stuffed the first one which caused it to bow out at the sides.  That's all right, though, because my daughter fell in love with her chicken and wants to sleep with it.
 "Puffy" Chicken

 After talking to a few people (Mom, Husband, and friend Sarah), I decided to stuff less, sew down the center back so it would fold easier, and use binding to finish it.  
 I like it and may have to make one for me.
 My friend Sarah is in the background here.
 The bottom.  My camera's back screen doesn't work so I have a hard time centering pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment