Sunday, May 29, 2011

A little yard work

I was working on cleaning out the weeds and blackberries from this flower/garlic bed. Also, I started to clear off the side walk and discovered the grass was covering it by about 5 inches...thank you for free sod.


I have been digging out the spot for my strawberry bed.
I want it to be about 4 feet wide and the length of the green house.
My wheel barrow is getting full of dirt clods. I have nice top soil and sand to fill the box with when I am done. I plan on re-using some of the dirt that I dig out but would mostly like to use the nice dirt that I bought for the purpose.
I used some of the dirt clogs to fill a little ditch beside our house. I dug up two of my yard roses and then used some of the dirt clogs to fill that hole. Up by the house is a little poured sidewalk that the grass has been growing over. I was able to collect some sod from there to put on top of the holes from the roses. That was a handy find.

That's a lot more digging than I realized I was getting into. Silly me.

Also, I cleaned out so much blackberries and roses and stuff that I now have a very stickery pile to move (when my wheel barrow is empty).
More later as I hope to be back at it this afternoon!
Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful property, for the wonderful green house, and for the desire to make it prettier!

No comments:

Post a Comment